Thursday, May 23, 2013

Wedding colors, flowers, and more for summer 2013


Let’s talk about summer’s hottest colors for weddings. Coral is one of the hottest wedding colors for 2013.  Pair it with teal for two beautiful pops of cosmopolitan color or pair it with some softer colors for that classic summer look such as grey, beige, yellow and pale blue.   This year, the softer the look, the more popular it has become.  Pair a pretty lilac with silver or grey or a berry pink with a mint green for that outdoor summer feeling all around.  If the lighter colors are not your thing, I’d check out hot pink and tangerine tango, which is a pretty bright orange that I love. I’m personally pretty excited about this color combo as I’m really into bright colors that pop. 

The other hot trend I’m seeing is mixing and matching of more than just two colors or even using a rainbow of colors.  And when I say rainbow, I do mean like the actual rainbow.  This has been a hot new trend that is allowing each bridesmaid to wear what she looks best in as well as allow the bride to choose all of her favorite flowers.

Speaking of flowers, I love the peonies and hydrangea that have been peaking this year as well as the hanging amaranthus and lisianthus pairings I’m seeing. Know what else is still hot this year?  Feathers and Fur!  That’s right, I said fur.  Feathers have been hot for several years and I still love using them when the event calls for it.  But fur is a brand new one for me and I can’t wait to use it, though I probably won’t use it until the fall.

Two other hot trends that have been picking up speed for years and are finally a must have for every bride are event lighting and a lounge area.  Though I’ve been helping brides add these items to their budgets for years, today, I’m hearing more and more brides say, “I gotta have it, help me figure out how to make it work.”

On my next blog, we’ll chat a little bit about how to save money in other areas so that you can have what you really want whether it be lighting, a lounge area, a certain out of season flower, or that killer dress.

Ta ta for now my beautiful brides....

Ta ta for now beautiful brides…..

No comments:

Post a Comment